PREPARE BEFORE THE MEETING
- Download and fill out the cheat sheet form or right down outline notes
- Fill out the form or your own outline notes with all the names of functionaries, topic master, general evaluator, and speakers.
- Write down or have an idea for an intro speech (introducing the theme for the evening) and a few theme facts/trivia.
- Send out an Email to collect all of the speaker names, speech titles, and pathway projects and remind them to send an Evaluation Sheet to their evaluators (Include evaluators in the Email).
TO START THE EVENING
- Intro Speech - Once introduced by the president, give 45 - 1.30 speech introducing the theme for the night.
- Introduce the functionaries who will be helping you run the meeting for the evening. Each functionary speaks briefly to introduce their role.
- Announce the Table Topics portion of the evening and introduce the topic master. Topic master will run the meeting for the Table Topics portion and once it's done, Toastmaster will announce the 5 min break.
AFTER THE BREAK
- Announce to the audience that it is the planned speaking portion of the evening, and before each speech introduce the speaker's name, pathway project they are on, and speech title. Between each speech ask audience to write a feedback to the speaker. While they wright the feedbacks, give a quiet theme fact or trivia after 45 seconds of silence.
- After all the prepared speeches are completed, ask for functionary reports and voting.
- Introduce the evaluation portion of the evening and the general evaluator. General evaluator will run the meeting for the evaluation portion and once it's done, Toastmaster will announce the winner for the Best Evaluator, the Best Table Topics, and the Best Speaker. (Don't forget to ask for the drumroll!)
- Pass the meeting over to the president and all done. Great job!